Monday, April 20, 2009

backlighting ... 75/365

backlighting ...
/ˈbækˌlaɪtɪŋ/ –noun
a controlled technique of lighting, used in photography or the theater, in which a light is placed behind or at right angles to an object, person, or scene to produce such effects as depth or separation of subject and background.
... i've been playing around with light lately ... trying to achieve this flare and backlighting effects ... it's coming ... but what i don't see is the depth or separation of subject and background ... keep trying.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

back lighting can be tricky, but once you've got it down you will never look back! :-)

Brita said...

Nice shot! Have been trying to manage this theme too, which seems to be so tricky. And I'm keeping on trying too...

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

How can you afford to have all these high fashion models posing for you all the time. But it is worth it to get great photos like this one.

Chesney said...

Once you figure it out, you need to share....but what a beautiful model you have!

Anonymous said...

How lovely! is using a bit of fill flash cheating?

~Val said...

Such a sweet photo...nice backlight!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet shot!

Stacie said...

LOVE this picture!! I'm following you now too!

Private practice - I actually have my BS in SLP and that is what I thought I wanted to be when I grew up. There was a change in that path, so now I'm in private practice as a Marriage and Family Therapist.

tiarastantrums said...

I need some lessons- want to come for a visit

Anonymous said...

Really nice photo, I think you are well on the way here.

Madelaine said...

Just beautiful! She looks like an angel!